We Care About Your Safety
At Westminster Hotel, your well-being is our top priority. Take a break from home with a relaxing stay by knowing that we ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
For years, hospitality has been our cornerstone. This tradition continues as we work diligently to ensure your health and wellness throughout our property. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in New Jersey.
At Westminster Hotel, we are highly committed to providing a safe and stress-free environment for all guests and staff. Please find the Covid-19 related policies, procedures, and safety protocols here. We often monitor government policy updates, government mandates, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, and public health advancements to make proper adjustments, as needed.
Before You Arrive
Employee and Guest Health
- Physical Distancing All guests and staff should practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups, not traveling together while standing in lines, using elevators, or moving around the property. The lobby seating and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure proper distancing. All the employees will be reminded not to touch their faces and stand by at least six feet from guests and other employees. All the resort outlets will comply with or exceed local or state-mandated occupancy limits.
- Hand Sanitizer Use the hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at key guest and employee locations and contact areas such as reception areas and hotel lobby.
- Signage There will be health and hygiene reminders throughout the property.
- Guest Health Concerns We have informed all our employees how to respond swiftly and report all presumed COVID-19 cases on the property and are ready to provide support to all our guests. Employees will stay home if they are not well and contact the manager if they notice a coworker or guest with COVID19 symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, etc. Employees and guests who have any COVID-19 symptoms while at the property are instructed to immediately inform their manager (employees) or hotel staff (guests).
- Case Notification If we are alerted to a presumptive case of COVID-19 at the hotel, we will work with government officials to follow the appropriate actions recommended.
- Physical Distancing
EMPLOYEE AND GUEST HEALTH
- Sanitation and Mask Usage A Westminster staff member greets each guest as they arrive at the hotel. Guests should use hand sanitizer and wear a mask when they arrive at the hotel. Appropriate signage will be prominently displayed, outlining proper mask usage and physical distancing practices in use throughout the property. Guests who will refuse to wear a mask or abide by these policies shall leave the property premises for the safety and well-being of other guests and team members.
- Hotel Guest Elevators An employee will be sanitizing the button panels at regular intervals.
- Sanitation and Mask Usage
HEALTH & SANITATION GUIDELINES
- Cleaning Products and Availability Our hotel has cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines. They are approved, safe to use, and effective against bacteria, viruses, and other bloodborne and airborne infections. To ensure a limited supply of all these cleaning supplies and the necessary PPE, we often work with our vendors, distribution partners, and suppliers.
- Public Spaces and Communal Areas The cleanliness and sanitization frequency are enhanced in all public areas, emphasizing periodic contact spots. It includes but is not limited to bell carts, front desk check-in counter, elevators, and elevator buttons, public bathrooms, door handles, ATM, room keys and locks, and seating places.
- Guest Rooms The utilization of industry-leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols to clean the guest rooms. We pay special attention to high-touch items, including remote television management, nightstands, door and furniture handles, toilet seats, and handles. Water faucet handles, telephones, control panels in the room, luggage racks and flooring, alarm clocks, light switches, and temperature control panels.
- Laundry All bed linens and laundry wash is done at an elevated temperature to sterilize and clean as per CDC guidelines. We clean all rooms after each departure.
- Room Recovery Protocol In the case of COVID-19, the guest's room will be prohibited from service and quarantined. The guest room will not be in service until the issue is cleared or confirmed. In the event of a positive case in the property, the guest room shall be in service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol.
- Air Filter and HVAC Cleaning The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning is enhanced, and fresh air exchange has been maximized.
- HOTEL OPERATIONS
- Physical Distancing Protocol
- Employees use separate counters and have individual stations to eliminate shared equipment
- Maximum of two employees at the counter
- We encourage you to utilize email and contactless payments for safety
- GUEST CONSIDERATIONS All the guest packages delivered to the rooms will be placed outside the guest room. They will be alerted by the front desk that a package has been delivered.
Guest linen will be offered and removed from guest rooms by keeping in mind guest safety.
Sanitation consideration will be paid to the below-mentioned guest room areas:
- Desks, countertops, tables, and chairs
- Phones, tablets, and remotes
- Cabinetry pulls and hardware
- Doors and doorknobs
- Bathroom vanities and accessories
- Bathroom fixtures and hardware
- Windows, mirrors, and frames
- Lights and lighting controls
- Closets, hangers, and other amenities
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE The Restaurants and Bars are closed until further notice
- Cleaning Products and Availability
We encourage all our hotel guests and employees to continue to take precautions. It includes frequent hand washing, social distancing, and covering coughs and sneezes to avoid the spread of the Covid-19. Find more details on prevention measures at the CDC website.
Wishing you good health and safe travels!
Play and Stay Local
You do not need to travel far to enjoy the area's beautiful outdoor sights and recreation. Westminster Hotel puts you within minutes of countless things to see and do safely nearby, including:
- Thomas Edison National Historical Park
- Turtle Back Zoo
- Eagle Rock Reservation