You're welcoming by nature and have a knack for remembering details. You're happiest when juggling tasks and getting it right is important to you. You have a flair for taste tempting, the gift of persuasion, and an aim to please. Your excellent service and genuine care is appreciated, which guests immediately recognize and reward. Our Restaurant Server position may be a great fit for you. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of our organization. If you fit the mold, come join an organization that has had AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, the Westminster Hotel located in Livingston, NJ.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, our restaurant server’s responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver prompt, excellent service to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
- Offer helpful guidance with menu offerings, responding knowledgeably to questions.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care. Be familiar with menu offerings in order to entice guests with its ingredients and preparations.
- Help with dessert and beverage preparation and ensure all dishes present well and are to order before serving promptly to guests.
- Periodically check in to ensure guest needs are met, then graciously present an accurate check and collect payment at the conclusion of the meal.
- Know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience. Two years’ previous experience providing customer service preferably in a similar setting with a working knowledge of Food and beverage service. Must meet the legal age requirement to serve alcohol.
- Flexible. Must be able to work varied shifts, including Weekday Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Friendly. Must be able to deliver a fun and friendly environment during each guest exchange
- Energetic. Must be able to work within an empowered and fast paced environment
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors
- Knowledge. Food Handlers Certification, TIPs certification preferred
- Must be proficient with Micros or other POS Systems
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & EQUAL HOUSING PROVIDER