To act as personal support for the Sales Department. To detail all in-coming functions, maintain room block inventories, and qualify all in-coming sales calls.
- Provides professional and courteous guest service at all times.
- Understand the principles relating to the product you are selling.
- Organize your own activities to make the best use of your time.
- Express yourself well when talking to potential buyers and sellers, discuss features of the products and services involved and convince the other person of both your knowledge and integrity.
- Use arithmetic in computing the cost of sale to the customer.
- Maintain enthusiasm and interest throughout all conferences with buyers and sellers.
- Keep accurate records of contacts, sales, and purchases.
- Be available on nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands: Lifting up to 20 lbs. Maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10lbs. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered “inside” if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Prerequisites: On the job training or essential experience in less responsible jobs over 1 year and including 2 years; Associates or Bachelor’s degree helpful.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & EQUAL HOUSING PROVIDER